Did someone say Bacon?
Credit for this recipe goes to the very talented Mel Rhodes aka The Hogfather
1 kg Pork Loin or Belly
20g Fine Sea Salt
2.5g Prague #1
3 Drops vanilla
1 Shot Bourbon
1 Tsp Black Pepper
4 Juniper Berries
- Mix all ingredients together and rub into meat making sure to cover all areas.
- If possible vacuum pack meat with cure if not place into a sealable bag.
- Cure for 14 days turning daily.
- Remove and Rinse and dry with paper towel.
- Leave to air dry in fridge for 48 hrs.
- At this point Bacon can be cold smoked or left to age. (if you have to patience to do so!)